- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
Sometimes the best inventions are born out of necessity. Founder Nancy Yen came up with the idea for a hot & cold bento box when her son started preschool. He struggled with eating lunch at school and was often hungry and cranky at pick up. Noticing that he preferred warm entrees over sandwiches, she started noodling on a concept for a kid-friendly bento box that could pack a hot entree, fruits & veggies all in one place.
OmieBox is an insulated bento box for kids:
- Helps you pack healthier lunches with more variety.
- Keeps food hot and cold in the same box.
- Works well for sandwiches, soups, or both!
- Helps kids be independent at school.
- Is BPA and Phthalate-free
Dual Insulation Technology
OmieBox uses two types of insulation in order to store hot & cold food together. At the heart of the design is a powerful vacuum insulated thermos. It’s made of two walls of stainless steel with the air sucked out in between so heat can’t escape. It can keep food warm for up to 6 hours, perfect for hot lunch. Food is kept cool through OmieBox’s double walled, air insulated tray. Air is an excellent insulator (think styrofoam or double pane windows - both use air insulation).
Made for Little Hands
We carefully designed OmieBox so it’s easy, even for our youngest users. One key design feature is the oversized handle - it's easy to grab, perfect for young children who are still developing fine motor skills. Lids open and close easily, so your little ones can be independent at school. You never need to worry about lunches coming home uneaten because your little one couldn’t open the box.
Healthy Lunches, Happy Campers
Finally - you can send your little one’s favorite meals to school and be confident that it’ll look and taste great. Whether it’s mac & cheese or chicken noodle soup, we promise to protect all the love and hard work you put into every meal. Your little ones will eat better and healthier, and you’ll be happy knowing you’re providing them with the best nutrition to fuel their day.
Before You Begin
- Hand wash with warm, soapy water and let everything dry completely
- Handwashing is best! The high and harsh detergents used in dishwashers can damage OmieBox® . Gentle washing keeps your OmieBox® in tip top shape so you can enjoy it for a long time.
- Install your lid seal to make your OmieBox® leakproof. Watch this video to see how.
While You're Packing
- Wet foods (soup, yogurt) go in the Thermos!
- First fill it with hot (or cold) water and let stand with lid off for 5 minutes. Then empty. Be careful with hot water!\
- Twist the securing insert around the Thermos in a clockwise direction. Skip this step if you’re not planning to put the Thermos inside OmieBox®
To seal, hold the Thermos with one hand & the lid with your other hand. Twist the lid into the Thermos in a clockwise direction.
- The side compartments are great for dry foods (crackers, carrot
- sticks) but you can pack moist items here too. Just make sure there’s < 1 tsp of liquid in each compartment.
- To close OmieBox®, fold down the lid and latch it. Use the palms of your hands to push down on the box lid once it’s closed. This will activate the lid seal.
- The divider is great for keeping peas away from carrots but its sub-sections are not leakproof.
- Don’t put your OmieBox® in the microwave or freezer!
After You're Done
- Always hand wash with non-abrasive sponge.
- Be sure to remove the lid seal and gasket for cleaning everyday. They get icky if you miss this step. Make sure you let it dry completely before
- Make sure you re-assemble the o-ring gasket before you use the thermos lid.
- Always hand wash with non-abrasive sponge. Be sure to remove the lid seal and gasket for cleaning everyday. They get icky if you miss this step. Make sure you let it dry completely before
- When not using, store OmieBox® without lid seal.